Bosch Latest Jobs – Crop Modelling Expert Recruitment – Apply Online. PhD candidates with the relevant qualifications and experience can apply for this vacancy at Bengaluru. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
Name of the Post: Crop Modelling Expert – Remote Sensing Products- Advertisement –
Location: Adugodi Main Rd, Chennakeshava Nagar, Ayappa Garden, Adugodi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Employment Type: Full-time
Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Ltd.
- Capability to work analytically to interact with scientists in the development of crop models.
- Work at the interface of crop modelling, remote sensing, data assimilation, and agroecosystem modelling.
- Calibrating and using crop models with climate and also economic modellers to assess the impact of climate scenarios on crop production as well as food security for regions.
- Developing methodologies for simulating climate impacts on agriculture for regions with low soil fertility, low inputs, as well as low water availability.
- Skills in GIS as well as remote sensing, process-based modelling and also computer programming
- Strong quantitative skills and also Experience in statistical analysis using python, R programming languages as well as SQL database.
- Knowledge of plant biology, ecology, hydrology, earth and environmental sciences, soil sciences, agronomy, applied mathematics, software are highly desirable
- Previous experience in crop model development as well as remote sensing
- Knowledge of crop modelling tools such as DSSAT, APSIM etc.
- Interaction with scientists for design and the implementation of algorithms in a specific programming language for crop modelling, database development and management, and instrumentation( data capture).
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of crop models, economic models and also databases etc.
- Identify opportunities for technical innovation in crop modelling as well as disease prediction.
- Mentor peers, coach direct reports as well as extended team members in areas of technological expertise, developing employees on a day to day basis;.
- Applying crop models to evaluate adaptations to minimize impacts as well as take advantage of climate change scenarios.
- Download and also analyze remote sensing imagery and process day-to-day weather data.
- Develop as well as use crop modelling as well as geospatial tools to understand and predict yield gaps.
- Visit farms for the collection of data and come up with initiatives for crop quality improvements and Package of Practice Modifications.
- Maintain upgraded on new methods for the processing of optical imagery relevant to Agri Domain.
- Masters/PhD degree in crop science, plant sciences or remote sensing.
- Hands-on Experience as well as strong Knowledgeable in crop modelling.
- Able to implement and also write processing scripts in R or Python.
- Solid knowledge as well as work experience on different types of models like Static, Statistical, Mechanistic, Deterministic, Stochastic, Descriptive, Explanatory Dynamic Simulation models and apply them for crop modelling to analyze the outcomes.
- Result-oriented mid-career scientist with at least 6-8 years of relevant working experience.